Thursday, April 25, 2013

Tax Returns...

So every year I splurge on one thing for myself and usually use the rest of my tax returns to pay bills. The past couple of years the splurges have been ink, shoulder and calf tattoos. This year, because I actually have a job that lets me pay my bills, and have some left over (YAY for NOT living quite paycheck to paycheck) I think I'll continue the tattoo tradition (I have about 6 that I have plans for. I already have 5), but I've also just taken advantage of my Amazon Prime (Best gift to myself, EVER!!) and bought myself one of the BEST (albeit, underrated) TV series. All 5 seasons, 2 days shipping, for under $100.




I remember being really excited when I first learned about the show, Chuck, it was during a time when everything on TV seemed like it was either a spinoff of CSI/Law and Order or yet another craptastic reality dating/surviving show. There were other awesome shows that came out in 2007 Big Bang, Reaper,Torchwood but there were some real clunkers too, K-Ville, Anchorwoman, Viva Laughlin.
Chuck wasn't going to be another cop or hospital drama (not that those are all bad shows), it was a spy show... and I've always kinda digged on some spies, Just call me MoneyPenny. Plus it had Adam Baldwin in it! How could you go wrong? In my opinion Zachary Levi and Yvonne Strahovski's chemistry was perfect! Joshua Gomez's character, Morgan, was one of my favorites, because I could identify with being the needy, clueless best friend. LoL And you had recurring character actors like, Tony "Candyman" Todd, Scott Backula (Quantum Leap, another one of my all time favs), Matt Bomer (what a hottie), Linda FREAKING Terminator Hamilton.

I'm not saying that there weren't bad episodes, I vaguely remember thinking that the finale was a cop-out, but, even the bad ones are worth the watch. So if you don't hear from me after Monday for a few days, just know that I am fine, just catching up with an old friend, Mr. Charles Bartowski. Anyone wanna make a party of it?

No comments: