Back-story: I started college, auditioned and was cast for my first play, meet a guy and fell head over heels for him.
Me being the socially awkward chicken that I am, said nothing, became friends and watched as he dated girl after girl. He eventually started dating a good friend of mine, T. They were together for YEARS, a decade, maybe. When they finally broke up, he reconnected with me and told me that he used to joke with T, about how I was the one that got away. WOOHOO!! Really?!?! I was ecstatic.
He and I went out a couple of times, (dinner, movies, nothing else) and then I don't know what happened. He just stopped calling me. Many years later I found out that he had heard from another source that something he had only told a couple of people (including me and this source, who also had a thing for him, and she was friends with the person that told the story...) had gotten out. He believed that I was the one that had talked. Thing is, back then, I didn't know anyone anymore, and I certainly didn't talk to anyone. I would
Ok, you're thinking enough of that, back to the point...
The sweet lady's blog is about her love of the Sci-Fi series Star Trek, (My Year of Star Trek) She has dedicated a year to watching all of the series and is keeping a current blog about it. I'm only a few posts in, but it's fabulous.
It made me think of all of the other people I have witnessed that have taken on this task of devoting themselves to something for a whole year. It's become almost a fad... The movie Julie/Julia is about a woman that decided to cook an item from Julia Child's cookbook each day of the year. One of the Pins that I found posted on Pinterest is from a woman that had a different crock-pot recipe for each day. Another one of the things I keep up with on Facebook is called A Year In a Kilt. The guy decided that on his 50th birthday, he would start wearing a kilt everyday, just to see if he could. His year is just about up and he has now decided that he might not go back to wearing pants. It's awesome to see his pictures and read the posts about the "looks he gets because he's an old man in a skirt." I might be bias, because I have a thing for Scotsmen and Kilts, but I wish more men would start wearing them.
Again, my point...
Sitting here, I'm trying to decide if I could even attempt some yearly mission. I, who, can't even commit to posting the BS daily status on Facebook/Twitter, let alone quasi-regularly to my blog. And if I did, what on Earth would I write about? My love for Gilmore Girls? Supernatural? Doctor Who? X-Files? Stephen King? Cooking??? Dare I try to take on Rachel Rays cookbooks, or make my own Pinterest cookbook? 365 days of desserts I've made from Pinterest. I can just imagine how much weight I would gain on that project. The thing about these kind of blogs is that eventually it's supposed to help you grow, but not necessarily from side to side LoL. Maybe I could go weekly instead of daily. 52 posts seems much more manageable than 365ish.
Baby steps... Thoughts??
Enough Rambling for one day...
No comments:
Post a Comment