
(This is one of my awesomely horrible pics I took)
The opening act was a group called Churchill, and I will say that of all the concerts I have been to, some of the best performances were from the starting acts, these guys were no exception. They Rocked!! I even bought their CD and got their autographs. :) The drummer, when he was playing looked like a BLOND Norman Reedus (YUM!)
While one of the announcements at the concert was that photography and recording was prohibited, I swear that 99% of the audience (And about 60% of that was women that were well older than me, so I don't feel as bad for being Cougar-esque about my infatuation for Phillip) had their phones out and shot away. I admit, I too am guilty, but as usual my pics/vids aren't anything worth sharing, as demonstrated above. Here is a link to someone else's video of one of the songs Phillip sang, I wish that the footage of the concert we went to last night was even 1/2 as good as this persons. [THIS IS NOT FROM THE CONCERT I WENT TO, THIS WAS TAKEN MONTHS BEFORE]
http://youtu.be/fSxJuyPqp8I
For some reason YouTube isn't cooperating and posting the vids as usual, but PLEASE CLICK the link to hear a groovy mash-up of Lollipop/Lose Yourself/All We Do Is Win. (Anyone who knows me, knows my secret obsession with Eminem, so this was a real treat to hear in the concert.
We even got a copy of the set list from the show...Stacy, the rocking chick that was with my group went up afterwards and asked one of the security guys if we could have it.

The one titled New Song can be heard on this link, but again YouTube and Blogger aren't playing nicely today...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6KD-DSwyf4
About 1/2 though he kept commenting about how sweaty and hairy he was, and that did start an impromptu version of "It's getting hot in here" I think that if a person could actually get pregnant though sexy thoughts, 95% of the women, and maybe even some of the men, in that arena would be having kids in 40 weeks. Whooo it was sexy sexy.
Well I could probably ramble on about how amazing the show was for several more hours, but I will stop now. Leaving with one more statement. If you get a chance to see Phillip Phillips and/or Churchill in concert GO!!! I have been to several concerts in my time, (Audio Adrenaline, Blues-fest featuring BB King, Blessed Union of Souls, Cake, Pearl Jam--probably the worst one I've been to, which is sad because I loved them, Vedder was drunk the entire set and it was just not worth watching!, Augustana, Goo Goo Dolls, Maroon 5, Counting Crows...) and this was one of the best ones I've seen.
No comments:
Post a Comment