Thursday, April 18, 2013

Pics and Ideas

I'm just playing around with the idea of doing the yearly tribute and seeing how hard it would be to add pics and media.
So it appears that Blogger isn't that hard to upload pics onto. These are my babies, Loki (cat) and Abigail (dog). I will attempt non-YouTube videos at another time.





I've always been a cat person. Seriously I cannot remember a time that we didn't have a cat in the family. They are so much easier to deal with than dogs. You don't have to walk them, play with them (yes I play with the cat but he isn't as demanding at the dog), pretty much make sure that the have food, water and a clean litter box and you are good. I was convinced that I would never own a dog, but since I got Abby 3 years ago (I've already gotten into the reasons for this in earlier posts), I have officially become a dog lover, and have actually considered getting another one! LoL

Sooooo... My research shows that there are 154 episodes of Gilmore, 170 of Supernatural, 202 of X-files, close to 800 Doctor Who and King has published something like 73 books. I think Doctor Who, while I love it, is out because there are so many, and so many that aren't available. The other series, there are to many to do weekly (King is closest, but while I've read 95% of his books, and I read fairly quickly. I'd have to reread some of them to contribute, and some of them it would take me longer than a week to trudge through *Cough Dark Tower series, *Cough The Stand *Cough) but not enough to do daily...so I could double up and hit multiples. (Combine X-Files and Supernatural, I'd have some leftovers but I could stick with a theme) I could do the baking/cooking thing but that is done so much that I am afraid to venture into it, and the ramifications of baking that much would increase my weight/bp/cholesterol all of which need to go down instead of up. This leads me to the idea of healthy recipes or even tracking gym time. But honestly being a gym bunny doesn't appeal to me (I enjoy running but where I have murdered my poor ankle, that's just not an option anymore) and most of the healthier recipes I've seen involve foods that I have no desire to eat. (Beets, Artichoke, Peppers, YUCK!). I'll ponder some more. But seriously, if there is anyone out there that wants to chime in, feel free.

No comments: