Last night I must have had some dreams, this has been more common that usual, but I'm taking it as a good thing, because when I woke up this morning I was thinking about a person I knew MANY MANY years ago, also Renegade was stuck on Broken Radio.
When I was in High School, it was very uncommon for me to not have a crush on someone. I didn't date, nobody wanted me. Not a pity thing, just a fact. Most of my senior year, and for a bit after I graduated, I had a crush on one of my brothers friends, (Jeff) while his little brother (Scott) had a crush on me. Back then I was oblivious, not to mention he was literally like 12, so he was the annoying little brother that got in the way.
Several years ago (2005ish), I was at a party and happened to meet a guy, who looked at me and said, "You're Dana, (this actually happens often, I think I look different, but people who haven't seen me since I was 8 know me when we pass on the street. True story!) I knew you when I was in school, and I think you liked my brother." It was Jeff's little brother, Scott. Grown up, charming, and beautiful. We caught up, did the how have you been, what are you up to routine. One of the things he was excited about was that the following weekend he and a group of his friends were going to a Styx concert. (Hence the song) We sat around the bonfire drinking, singing and laughing, we really did hit it off, but we were both at the party with other people. And sadly at the end of the party, we went our separate ways.
Regret, Imagination and Loneliness will work to make you do silly things. Dreaming has turned me into a creeper. I've honestly tried to look him up. Since I'm friends with his brother on Facebook, I thought it would be easy, but he doesn't appear to have any social media. I did learn that he is still here in the 'Set, and a geologist for some gas company. I know exactly where the office is, and it would be so simple for me to just drive by and look. It will take much restraint to not be that kind of person.
Ick, just reading that last paragraph has done wonders for clearing my head. I'm not even sure what this post is supposed to convey; DON'T let regret lead you life, probably. It's almost time to go home, I've got Niece duty and Rehearsal tonight. So that's all for now.
Ciao.
No comments:
Post a Comment