Not sure if it's because of my lack of sleep, despite having actually tried to sleep a decent amount last night, (I really do need to have that checked soon, bed at 2300, out by 2330, up at 0315, 0520, 0612 and finally at 0705, and dreaming, SO not like me ...) or if it's the Italian/Irish/German in me, but today is NOT the day to piss me off (This witch will find some VooDoo that you don't want, promise...) The temper fuse is short today and doesn't look like it's growing anytime soon. Who knows it might even be me picking up someone else, the JOYS of being an Empath.
All I know is that the mantra isn't working:
Breath, in through the nose, out through the mouth...Inhale... Exhale...eye twitch...twitch...twitch...AAAAArrrgh!
Nope not working.
Okay, having had a couple of hours now to do other things and attempt to calm down. Actually being busy at work, somehow seems to have helped a little. Also getting cool inside news worked wonders too. (nothing really just confirmation that a much anticipated chain restaurant is coming to town, and when...)
For those of you who don't know me (everyone, right?) might not know that the berg that I live in is small-ish, but trying to expand. The town went wet last year and we've seen 3 bars move in, so our nightlife almost isn't nonexistent anymore. No, seriously, almost everything closes at dark here in the 'Set, so that was a HUGE deal. Our idea of "fancy" restaurants are 4-5 Mexican places, 2 Chinese, Sonny's and a Ruby Tuesday (there's also a Roadhouse (yippee, feel the sarcasm dripping from each letter.) coming in, but it's not finished yet). Now the anticipated restaurant is Steak & Shake, and definitely not fancy, but for a place that has 2 restaurants that stay open past 10pm and they are greasy dives (yeah, yeah, I know... but S&S has better food!) this is big news, because it means that, with a little luck, other chains might come in too. And this makes my little heart extremely happy.
The funk and short fuse are still there, but I probably am not going to be exploding on anyone at the moment, so that is progress. For some reason, today is busy, so I'm done for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment