Saw something on Facebook this morning that "struck me funny". A friend of a friend had posted that because of the ice that everyone needed to be safe because the FD and EMS were shut down. I texted my brother to share said person's ignorance and to ask if that was ever a possibility. Maybe she did know something I didn't, but my hero brother has been doing this for fifteen years now and I can't ever remember him not going to work. (well not for non-personal reasons, LoL) I got the exact response I had anticipated getting.
She did have one thing correct, the roads are nasty everyone does need to drive safely, if they have to drive at all (it's not worth it, don't go out if you don't need to) At no point does EMS, FD, Police, dispatch, etc...close, ever. These brave people risk their lives 365 days a year, these offices don't close for holidays, weather or sickness. Someone is ALWAYS there.
Here is the point of today's random blog: be smart when you are out in bad weather (anytime really). Not only are you risking your life, but the lives of the first response teams. These people are someone's family members. They work long hours, for not nearly enough pay, and are away from their families to save/protect you. Respect them, for they are truly heroes.
That's all for now...
No comments:
Post a Comment