Aired: December 10, 1993
Once upon a time (and I've mentioned this multiple times throughout the years I've had any blogs) my brother told me that the song that made him think of me was Eve 6's "Inside Out". I'm not sure how I feel about that, I like the song well enough, but if you actually listen to the lyrics, I just wonder why they make him think of me. What does this have to do with anything? The band Eve 6 took their name from this episode of X-Files.
I vaguely remember when I watched this episode the 1st time, I thought
that kids are creepy, I still feel that way. You know that if there are
kids in horror films, there's going to be bad stuff. (Look at the Shining!) This episode was no exception!
The episode starts with a couple jogging, as they start to slow down they see a little girl standing in the driveway. They go ask her where her father is and find him dead on the swing set, 2 puncture wounds on the neck and drained of blood (Vampire? But it's daylight and this is years from Twilight and the Vampire Diaries...) As Mulder and Scully go to investigate, Mulder claims that the presence of Digitalis and the exsanguinated bodies are similar to the cattle mutilations he's seen with alien reports. Scully's retort cracked me up, "Mulder, Why would alien beings travel light years to Earth in order to play doctor on cattle?" (It cracked me up because I've always questioned why they come and create circles in the corn?) At the scene of the crime, Scully receives information that a similar murder (same MO, and technically takes place at the same exact moment) has taken place 3000 miles away on the other coast. They travel westward to investigate and discover that the daughter of this murder victim is IDENTICAL to the other little girl. During all of this someone kidnaps the girls.
As the episode progresses, through information given to Mulder by Deep Throat, (Welcome Back Jerry Hardin, this is your 4th of 11 visits, and we still haven't ever heard you referred to as this, when/why do we call him Deep Throat?) we learn that the Litchfield experiments created the Adams and Eves. There were 10 Eve's, they were basically crazy and suicidal (homicidal) The majority of the Eves were dead, 1 was locked up, and 2 were M.I.A. Mulder and Scully visit her, and she shows them a picture that looks like the girls they are working to find (creepy because they look like a YOUNG Linda Hamilton). She tells them that 2 others escaped years after she was locked up. One of the Eves they were looking for had worked with a clinic and had experimented to create more Eves, hence the girls.
The girls reveal to the Eve that has taken them that they have a mental link, and then kill her as Mulder and Scully arrive to rescue them. They tell Mulder and Scully that there were 2 Eves and that the other had planned on killing them all, but ran away when they heard the cops. As Mulder and Scully are taking the girls back to custody, they make a bathroom break and stop for sodas. Mulder finds traces of the Digitalis and viola, it really has been the girls all along. They capture the girls and lock them up with the Eve that was already at the institution. The remaining Eve comes to visit...
And that's all she wrote for the day. Until next time. xoxo
2 comments:
This is one of my favorite episodes, not sure why. I think it's just because the Eve's are so badass. However it was distracting that Frasier's agent was in this episode lol
I found the Linda Hamilton mini-me's to be more distracting than Bebe. Also that they used Digitalis to paralyze irked me, since Foxglove is a stimulant. (sorry the pagan is showing a bit today...)
Post a Comment