It used to take a hell of a lot to offend me, I
I realize life happens, you have things on your mind, but when is it ok to attack someone, that has done, well, nothing?? (I'm not talking politics, religion or anything that makes the nightly news, because evidently now everyone is divided on the whole stupid Chik fil a thing, but that is a rant for another time) In case you can't tell I'm getting ready to vent about a friend's post about venting... Let me begin by saying, something I took as a "OMG I can't believe someone would say something like that" post, evidently was something Much More. After reading a friends post about work and then going through the comments I thought, "sure, I can contribute to this", funny that a friend and I had actually had a similar conversation in the not to distant past about the same thing (Books/Genres). After typing out and posting what I thought was an innocent comment, turned into the friend deleting the original post and then posting a huge "Just let me rant in peace, and don't comment unless I ask for your opinion" post. Which caused many others to comment in a "hell ya, give em hell" attitude. This is a person that I thought highly of, and would never in a million years would have thought that I would feel offended by. (For all I know, none of it is/was pointed at me, maybe someone else posted after I did and I missed it, who knows, I do, however, know I feel attacked.) I feel that I can never post/comment on anything she says now, because I might offend her in some way. This friend has vented to me about other friends who have unfriended her for various none reasons, I'm beginning to wonder if they weren't provoked... We all have bad days, we all say things that later we think, "what was I thinking?" I get that, but when is it too far? For the record I want it known that the comment I made, actually said "Yes I agree with you, but this is why the idiot could have assumed otherwise"
Ok, I've mowed the yard and am have gone through a range of, "I'm over it" "It's probably nothing" "I'm pissed as hell" "I want to fight" "I'm calm now". I'm still debating whether I want to confront this person or not (maybe delete her on FB and not shop at her workplace again), knowing the answer is "as Switerland we avoid confrontation". There are times I wish I was more Germany.... I've got to be finished by now, I've started and restarted this post so many times I've lost count. I'm sure that I'll end up doing as I always do, but in my head, I'm crushing her for making me feel bad. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment