As has become my way, I seem to only blog when I'm stuck here at work on 3rd shift. So I truly, honestly apologize for the the upcoming rant... Bob quit almost a month ago, and Tim has only now started the training process on Bob's replacement. That has meant 3rds for Dana AGAIN. This probably wouldn't bother me as much as it does, except that he continues to schedule me for the 1 night a week that I have begged him not to work me on. (SUNDAY) After seeing next week's schedule what should I find, Yep Sunday and Monday night. This will make 3 of the past 4 Sundays that I will have worked 3rds---PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE job fairy, I have put in a multitude of applications, please find me a job.
At this point even working in the food industry sounds good, don't get me wrong, I actually do like my job, and even like what I do. The major kink in the chain is the manager and his scheduling abilities. I've preached for WEEKS that he needed to hire backup help for nights/weekends and his response to me was that he "was actually overstaffed, I just need people to actually do their jobs and work" We have 1: 1st shift person (me), 1: 2nd shift person (Brooke), 1: 3rd shift person (Anne), 1: assistant manager who also covers 2nds weekdays and 1sts on the weekends. We do have 3 people that float, but it is all for 2nd shift (1 that works maybe 1 night a week, 1 that works maybe 2 nights a week and the 3rd 2-3 nights a week). No backup on 1st or 3rd. I was hired as 1st shift, weekdays. I also knew that occasionally he'd have to put me on a weekend or so, and that holidays were included. I accepted THAT job. I don't mind working holidays, I don't mind working the occasional Saturday or Sunday MORNING, but this has reverted back to the bullshit of work 1st 3-4 days after working 3rd 1-2 nights. I did it for 4 months when Regina quit and about a month when Whitney quit. Tim seems to forget that every time someone quits.
I know I'm just bitching, I should be ecstatic that I even have a job, but I really do not see me being able to pull this for much longer. I'm just exhausted. Even my insomnia has said "fuck this, I'm out" and I seem to be doing nothing but sleep when I'm not at work.
I'm going to stop there, I've turned this into a pity me party and I realize that I'll look back at this in a few weeks and probably delete it, but sometimes it just feels better to get it off my chest.
That is all...
No comments:
Post a Comment