Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Pre-Pilot

I'm going to say again, that I'm doing this blog for a couple of reasons.  One is because a friend of mine is also doing a daily X-Files blog, but they haven't made a post in a couple of months.  The other is because Em is insistent that I do it. 

So here goes...

Like my friend Scott's wife, A.R., I grew up with the strong Sci-Fi female roles.  Ripley from Alien(s) is one of the most bad-ass characters ever! (for those of you who don't know me, Aliens is my all-time favorite movie, and my ideal man is a mixture of Han Solo, Corporal Hicks and Westley, the Dread Pirate Roberts) Add in my love for the Star Star Trek Wars; Uhura and Leia Organa complete the trifecta of my role models growing up.  (Obviously, I'm talking fictitious only, as I have plenty of real female inspirations on my list.)

Where am I going with this you ask?  X-Files had one major leg up on other shows that season, their lead female was named Dana.  She was the first female named Dana on a show that I'd ever seen, and that made my heart happy.  Until then the only other FAMOUS Dana's that I knew of were Dana Elcar (MacGuyver's Pete Thornton) and  Dana Carvey, (unless you count the Church Lady, both were definitely men.  And female, Dana Delany was still sort of a bit player)  So, Dana Scully became one of the firsts in my "harem house" females. (maybe some day I'll explain that...some day.)  When you think about it, I was already obsessed with Space and Aliens, and other scifi/fantasy-esque topics, so a show that asked the question, "Are we alone in the universe?" was obviously going to appeal to me.  Add in the Hot David Duchovny and the girl named Dana, the X-Files quickly became one of my favorite shows.

That's about the gist of my reasons for loving the show, and the motive for the blog.  Without further ado, the next post will be my thoughts and feelings of the Pilot episode.  Until then...xoxo

No comments: