Sunday, December 4, 2011

Good Mood Food...

Thinking about a lot of things recently, and I realize that I eat my feelings. (Don't we all?) There are different colors of food for different emotions that I'm feeling. Last night was a Red night. For me, Red is a bad night. There seem to have been a bunch of those lately. I miss having Blue nights, which are really good. I also have been craving Chocolate, and I don't even know what that means, because it's never happened before. (I'm so not a chocolate kinda girl, give me caramel, coconut or straight up sugar and I'm good!) For one of my birthdays in my early 30's, my best friend/roommate made me a coconut cake with coconut icing and used blue food coloring to make the whole thing almost cobalt. That was probably the best cake I've ever eaten :)

I know when I'm starting to get depressed because I crave Big Red and Twizzlers. If I'm happy all I want is a Blue Coconut slushie from Sonic. Angry? I want something spicy, doesn't matter what. I use citrus if I'm anxious, to mellow myself, and pretzels to make myself creative. And as any GOOD Italian I use bread to comfort myself if I'm scared. It's probably a good thing that today if grocery day, maybe if I just buy blue foods I can force myself out of my funk that I've started to settle into.

That's really all I have, just another random thought from the short white girl. Squirrel...

No comments: